SERI has been using “Memos” to publish updates or clarifications to the R2 Code of Practices (the document that governs the R2 Certification program). These memos are mainly targeted to the Certification Bodies (CB) and are distributed to each CB and published in the R2 Document Library below the R2 Code of Practices on the SERI website. Some of the issues addressed in Memos to the R2 Code of Practices:
- Only business entities located in industrial or commercial zones may become R2 Certified. Individuals and home-based businesses are not eligible for certification.
- Campus facilities must be within a 2-hour drive of the main site.
- The FM Processor allowance has been extended to cover print cartridges.
- Elimination of the Co-Location allowance
- Auditors who fail the R2 Lead Auditor course may not lead R2 audits until a re-exam is passed.
The content in these memos will be codified in the next revision of the R2 Code of Practices. To review all memos in their entirety, please visit the R2 Document Library section of the SERI website.