The concerns and viewpoints of many different groups were considered during the revision process. Since the revision process began nearly five years ago, members of the R2 Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) have devoted more than 5100 volunteer hours to addressing more than 900 challenging and complex issues, many of which, were submitted by customers, industry members and the public. The representation of many different stakeholder groups on the TAC, and the 660 comments received during two public comment periods, has resulted in a strong standard well positioned to address the evolving needs of an increasingly diverse industry.
For more information on the development process or to view the the SERI Manual for R2 Standard Development: More about R2 Standard Development
Milestones in the Development Process
- August 2015: R2 TAC started review of R2:2013 Standard for possible revision.
- February 2016: 1st R2 TAC Meeting in Dallas, TX.
- February 2017: 2nd R2 TAC Meeting in Orlando, FL
- November 2017: 3rd R2 TAC Meeting in Denver, CO
- March 2018: TAC Drafting Workgroup Meeting in Denver, CO
- October 2018: 4th R2 TAC Meeting in Baltimore, MD
- April 2019: 1st Draft of R2v3 released for public comment
- June 2019: 5th R2 TAC Meeting in Austin, TX
- July 2019: TAC responses to 1st round of public comments published after TAC review and consideration
- December 2019: 2nd Draft of R2v3 Released for public comment
- May 2020: 2nd Draft was unanimously approved by TAC after review of 2nd round of public comments. Sent to SERI Board of Directors for review and approval.
- May 2020: TAC responses to 2nd round public comments published
SERI thanks all those who submitted public comments -- the participation of many voices has made for a stronger standard that is well positioned to address the needs of an evolving and diverse industry! A total of 660 public comments to review and consider during the 2 rounds of public comment periods. Where changes were made to the Standard as a result of the comments, those changes were also released for public review and comment. Some of the comments will be used as the basis for developing Guidance to provide further explanation or clarity to the requirement. Summaries of all comments received, and the TAC’s consideration and disposition of each item are available for download below.
Download Public Comments from 1st Draft
Download Public Comments from 2nd Draft